Reign


Reign is one of my favorite shows ever. Currently in it's third season(and just found out its been renewed for a fourth!!), I couldn't continue this series of fashionable shows without including it. 


The show is based on Mary, Queen of Scots. If I haven't already said, I'm a bit of a history buff(I love reading anything about Henry VIII,he's so fascinating), so of course back in 2013 when this was about to premiere, I knew I had to watch it!



The CW show is what the interwebs describe as " a mash-up of Gossip Girl,Game of Thrones, and the History Channel" which is actually pretty accurate. In the beginning it used to bother me that the costume's were inaccurate but as time went on I really learned to appreciate how well the costume's actually go with the vibe of this show.



The Go-To's for the costume designer (Meredith Markworth-Pollack) are Net-a-Porter, The Outnet, and BHLDN. The brands that inspire her are Dolce and Gabbana, Oscar De La Renta, Naeem Khan, and Alexander McQueen




Second half of the season returns April 25th, I highly recommend ya'll start watching if you're not already! 


Comments

Popular Posts